Lee Myles Auto Services
It takes a tremendous team effort with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction to make a winning team. Our commitment to excellence and exceeding our customers’ expectations has resulted in a very loyal base of customers who continue to support our business by not only bringing their cars to us, but many who refer and even bring in their friends and relatives. We even have some families that we are serving 3 generations deep.
Here at the Lee Myles Bohemia New York Transmissions Service Center we provide the following automotive repairs and transmission services along with our "Hassle-Free" auto service pledge. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your automotive needs.
Our Automotive and Transmission areas of Expertise:
- N.Y.S. Inspection Station
- Automatic and Standard
- Transmission (Services, Repairs and Rebuilds)
- Transfer Cases
- CV Joints
- Preventive Maintenance Services
- Electronic and Computer
The Lee Myles Vehicle Inspection and Performance Service
There is an old saying in the transmission business, "The most expensive transmission repair is the one that you didn't need." Let's face it, spending any amount of money on something you didn't need is too much money!
The Lee Myles V.I.P. Service is a program that all Lee Myles Centers offer. The purpose of the V.I.P. Service is to determine if your vehicle has a transmission problem and if it does whether it is a minor problem or a major problem. For purposes of our discussion, a minor problem can be repaired without removing the transmission from the vehicle while a major problem requires removing the transmission and doing internal repairs or a rebuild. You never want to begin any type of transmission repair or service work without first determining the condition of the transmission and to make sure the actual problem is going to be fixed. There is nothing worse than spending good money to fix the wrong problem or even worse paying for a repair that you didn't need.
The V.I.P. Service includes the following:
- The vehicle is road tested
- The Transmission Fluid level and condition is checked
- Engine performance is observed and considered
- The vehicle is put on a lift and checked for the following all of which can contribute of transmission problems:
- External Adjustments
- Linkage condition and adjustments
- Control cables condition and adjustments
- Engine and Transmission mounts condition
- Axles and U-Joints condition
- Exhaust condition
- Drive Belts
- Hoses and Connections
There are essentially 4 possible results of the V.I.P. Service:
- The V.I.P. Service may confirm that there is not a transmission problem. In this case, we may be able to suggest what might be causing the problem and if we don't do that type of work, we can refer you to a reputable repair center.
- The V.I.P. Service may confirm that there is a transmission problem and that it can be repaired with a minor service or repair without removing the transmission. In this case, we will provide you with an estimate for the required service and normally be able to perform the work immediately.
- The V.I.P. Service may confirm that there is a transmission problem and that it is an internal problem that will require removing the transmission to do the necessary repairs. In this case, we may be able to provide you with an estimate, or we might have to perform an internal inspection service to determine the extent of the damage, the cause of the damage, and the total cost to correct the problem.
- The V.I.P. Service may be inconclusive. This means that there may be a transmission problem, but it might be an electronic problem, and we will need to do further diagnostic testing to confirm if it is only a transmission problem, only an electronic problem, or a combination of both. These more extensive tests might include an electronic scan, a pan removal for inspection of the contents of the pan and the filter, pressure tests, vacuum tests, and/or more extended road testing. Whatever the results, the V.I.P. Diagnostic will provide you with the type of accurate, dependable information that can eliminate costly guesswork and put you in a position to make informed decisions so you can keep your automobile in top running condition.